Tuesday 27 September 2011

Party On Holmesdale

With a few friends, I organised a Royal Wedding street party for people living in and around Holmesdale Road last April.

We got traffic closure for the day and everyone helped to decorate the street with flags and delicious food. The sun shone and it was lovely relaxing in deck chairs with the neighbours.

Highlights of the day were seeing all the children covered in face paints, having a go on Alf’s buzzer game and sitting in the middle of my street with a glass of wine and a union jack cup cake. Rule Britannia!

Thanks to the members of the street party committee:
Andy Gibbard, my husband
Clare and Paul Gardner, our next door neighbours!








Just spotted myself in an illustration of the street party by local artist Ruth Whiter.
I'm the blond at the far end of the table if you want a closer look!




No comments:

Post a Comment